Whether your favorite fitness lover is a gym rat, dedicated runner, or fitness class fanatic, it’s likely that they love anything and everything related to health and fitness. This can be overwhelming when it comes time for gift giving, as stores are booming with health and fitness related gear and products right now. If you’re unsure what to get your fitness-loving friend or significant other and need help navigating your way through all the products and gimmicks available, consider getting them:
1. Health and fitness magazine subscription. There are a plethora of magazines out there right now chock full of tips that cater to women’s fitness, men’s fitness, general fitness, health, healthy living, and specific sports, just to name a few. Buying a year-long subscription to a magazine full of healthy tips and tricks for the person in your life who loves fitness is a slam dunk as far as gifts go, and they’ll love getting a new magazine each month. Just make sure to find out which magazines they’re already subscribed to before purchasing one, because you don’t want two of the same subscriptions to overlap.
2. A day trip with a new-to-them fitness excursion. One thing that most fitness fanatics have in common is that they love to try new fitness endeavors. Take them on a day trip hiking, try out stand-up paddle boarding together, or attend a Crossfit class together. Make a day out of it by bringing them coffee, trying out your new fitness find together, and then treating them to a healthy meal or cocktails together after. Getting them to try something new could help them find a new fitness hobby that they love.
3. Race entry. If you know that your pal loves to run road races or compete in bike races or triathlons, then considering covering their race fee for an upcoming race. Race entries can start to add up after a while and having the expenses covered for one race can help alleviate some of the stress that comes with trying to justify having such an expensive hobby.
4. Snazzy new gym bag. Every fitness enthusiast needs a good gym bag, and if it’s been a while since they’ve gotten a new one, then replacing their worn out gym bag can be the perfect surprise. Find one that offers separate compartments for sweaty clothes and clean clothes, and make sure there are plenty of pockets so that they can easily stash shower supplies, fitness electronics, and any other odds and ends they need to bring to the gym with them.
5. Gift card to their favorite sports store. When in doubt, a gift card to their favorite sports and fitness store is always a safe bet. It’s likely that they spend copious amounts of money on new workout gear, shoes, and fitness-related products, and being able to offset some of the money spent at their favorite store is always a welcome gift.
There’s no shortage of options when it comes to finding the perfect gift for people who love health and fitness, and these are just a few of the ones that will likely bring a smile to their face.
About the Author:
This guest post is contributed by Debra Johnson, blogger and editor of Liveinnanny.com. She welcomes your comments at her email Id: – jdebra84 @ gmail.com.